Sunday, May 11, 2008

To all the mothers out there, including my own Mom . . .

A Song For Mama

No matter what you do,
No matter what you say,
I love you more and more each and every day.

I want to kiss your furrowed brow,
And make you smile instead of frown.

I hear you laugh and it warms me immensely,
And when you cry my heart breaks deeply.

We might argue all through the night,
But in the light of day everything is all right.

We are family today and friends tomorrow,
This is why I try to take away your sorrow.

Because no matter what you do
Because no matter what you say,
I love you, Mom more and more each day.

Copyright © 2008 Anika Hamilton

Happy Mother's Day to all of you,

From Anika

1 comment:

Savanna Kougar said...

Anika, thanks for posting this! It's wonderful. I made my mom a pineapple upside down cake. One of her favorites.