Saturday, May 17, 2008

Book Review - Cowboy Games


COWBOY GAMES by Wendi Darlin
Review by Bill Newman

Being new to the Siren-BookStrand stable I wanted to see what my fellow authors were producing, and how high the bar was. This was especially important to me as I'm a guy in a business where women have a distinct advantage. So first-up I chose Wendi Darlin's highly recommended Cowboy Games.

The plot line is simple: the heroine, Rebecca, goes to a fantasy cowboy ranch to help her heal after losing her husband a year earlier. However, the story is complex and we are hooked immediately when she meets her cowboy host, Gavin. The hunky Harvard-educated cowboy's job is to pamper her for the week, but he is strictly off-limits as regards anything more intimate than a kiss on the cheek. Right!

Ms. Darlin has found a clever way to give the reader an insight into the way women and men approach love, romance, and sex. The story is peppered with twists and turns, villains and victims, and sudden surprises, as Rebecca falls deeper in love with Gavin. It is a love that appears to be mutual. Or is Gavin just doing his job, playing the cowboy game she'd signed up for? After the week's sojourn has ended will he forget her?

There is plenty of close-up sizzling sex for aficionados of erotic romance, and Ms. Darlin finds a way of producing an extremely satisfying climax.

3 comments:

Wendi said...

Bill,
Thank you again for such a fabulous review! I'm thrilled you enjoyed my book, and I'm looking forward to the release of your VENTURE.

And for anyone who's wondering...I DID NOT PAY HIM. LOL!

Wendi Darlin

Savanna Kougar said...

Bill, great last line. Luved it. Chuckle, chuckle...

Bill Newman said...

Savanna,

Yes, I couldn't resist it. Wendi's book and the naughty last line.

And I can confirm that she didn't pay me. I've never even been to S. Carolina.

Bill