Sunday, May 4, 2008

Lindsay's Intro

Hello!
I'm delighted to be part of this Siren-Bookstrand blog. I'm Lindsay Townsend and I'm a British historical and romantic thriller writer, living in the beautiful county of Yorkshire, England. I've been writing since I was about six years old and have always dreamed of being an author. I love EPIC (Remember the Ben Hur chariot race? Lord of the Rings?) and adventure and find that making up exciting, sensual stories about the past really works for me. I love putting seemingly 'ordinary' characters in extraordinary situations, with high stakes, and having them struggle and make it. And I love happy, romantic endings! My hobbies are reading, cooking, admiring my lovely garden, walking in the countryside, looking at old churches, talking on the phone to my friends and, recently, chatting and blogging to my friends online.
My website, where you can see my forthcoming BookStrand historical romance FLAVIA'S SECRET (set in 1st Century Roman Britain) and read more about it, is http://www.lindsaytownsend.com/
You can come and chat to me directly and peep at my garden on my blog at http://lindsaysbookchat.blogspot.com/ .

No comments: