Sunday, May 4, 2008

Intro for Allie K. Adams



I've been reading romance novels for as long as I can remember. I dabbled in writing for the first time in the 7th grade, when the book I had just finished had the most awful ending--the hero and heroine did not end up together. I must have my Happily Ever After (HEA)! I felt cheated! After days of whimpering and whining to my friends and family, someone suggested I rewrite the ending if I hated it that much. So I did. And thus my journey began...

I wrote my first full length novel in 1995; a historical set in the Pacific Northwest. After completing a few other historicals (try fourteen!), I tried my hand in paranormal and had a blast playing around with time travel. Around the same time frame, I joined my local Search And Rescue (SAR) and discovered my true passion--suspense.

My first contemporary romantic suspense novel, RESCUE ME, is set on the coast of Washington State, where I grew up. I haven't decided whether I'd like to create a series of SAR books, but am leaning very strongly toward writing another. Having been in SAR for a number of years now, it is something near and dear to me, and something I want to share with others.


From the instant I picked up my first "secret government agency" book, I was hooked. I love the plot twists and turns, the danger and intrigue. I knew I had to write one. I created the National Agency of Safety, Security, and Defense, or NASSD, and got down to business. Once I completed AT ANY COST I couldn't stop at just one NASSD novel. I fell in love with the characters and their plights. The secondary hero demanded his own story (how could I deny him?), so I continued his story line in SEEK AND DESTROY, which introduced the McKoy Family. With seven children--three mischievous girls and four very bad boys--I have enough to keep me busy. I'm currently in the process of completing IT TAKES TWO, the third book in the NASSD series.


I live in the beautiful mountains of Montana with my spousal unit (see my blog at http://alliechat.blogspot.com/ for the explanation) and kids. Thank you for taking the time to read about me. If you'd like more information about me or any of my books, please visit http://www.alliekadams.com/.




No comments: