Friday, May 9, 2008

Shifting into the Paranormal

Hi, it’s Jenny Penn here! I thought I’d drop a few lines about writing paranormal and why I love to do it. The answer is simple, because anything can happen. As a writer it is nice to let go of reality and not be confined by the rules.

There are pitfalls. Even if paranormals go in the face of strict reality we live in, the book has to make sense. As writer, you want to create a reality that follows its own logic. The worse thing you can do to a reader is brake the reality of your story with a completely illogical story flow.

The trick as a romance writer is to marry romance with the paranormal. I can think of no better way to do that when with shifters. Yes, I’m a fan of the werewolves (so alpha), vampires (so mysterious), dragons (so arrogant), elves/ferries (so charming and playful), I could go on, but I think you get the gist.

That’s why my first book, Mating Claire, is the birthplace of my Sea Island Wolves series and the Master Cerberus series. I’m unable to be content just with werewolves.

So while one side of the series is about those sexy, macho men, I had to create a second series that encompasses my other favorite shifters. I’ve linked the series together not only with characters, but with an underlying story line.

If you love paranormal, erotic romances, I hope you’ll give my book a browse when it comes out.


Jenny Penn
Deception – coming soon in fall from Siren Publishing
Mating Claire – coming soon in fall from Siren Publishing
http://www.jennypenn.com/
www.myspace.com/jennypennbooks

No comments: