Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Lindsay Townsend's FLAVIA'S SECRET

Flavia’s Secret is a well-crafted love story that will have you on the edge of your seat one minute and breathless the next. Lindsay Townsend’s writing style is simply beautiful. A true pleasure to read.

Flavia is a slave with a secret that may very well cost her life. Marcus her new owner is a gorgeous half-Roman with a warrior’s body and a lover’s heart. I’m not ashamed to admit I fell head over heels for this hero, and I just might be willing to trade my freedom for a chance to fill Flavia’s shoes.

The Roman baths and the ancient marketplaces were so well-drawn they came alive for me. The setting was sensual and palpable. It’s impossible not to become absorbed in Flavia and Marcus’s world and to care deeply for them. The secondary characters were woven neatly into the plot, and the villain’s power and control was absolutely terrifying.

I literally could not put this book down and when I was finished, I didn’t want it to end. I’ll be reading everything Lindsay Townsend writes, and I think everyone else who picks up this book will do the same.

Wendi Darlin

1 comment:

Lindsay Townsend said...

Thank you, SO MUCH, for this super review, Wendi!

It means a lot to me, especially coming from the wonderful writer of THE WATER BEARER!

Thank you!