Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Valentine's, Day 4

Happy Paranormal/Fantasy Day!

Kara Wills here with a non-Valentine's Day story about finding love when least expecting it. I can't tell you how many people preached to me that love would come when you least expect it. I wasn't expecting it, really, but I hoped every man that came my way would be Mr. Right. After a two year on and off emotional roller coaster, the last thing I wanted was a man, a relationship, or anything having to do with matters of the heart.

Little did I know that my earlier wishes and dreams of Mr. Right would come knocking at my door when I wanted most to triple bolt that door shut. Heck, sodder that thing closed!

I have one word to say here: SANGRIA.

One night, a group of us ended up at our favorite Latin club, sharing pitchers of some of the best sangria I've ever had, and dancing. A close friend of mine asked to dance-a request I thought nothing of-and off we went. Halfway through our Salsa bit he blurted out, "I was wondering if you want to go out with me." My response? "Sure." Now, at this point, most men would gloat in their success and all would be fine. Mine? Oh, no. I got a, "Really?"

Well, seven years later, we're married with a son and still living like a new couple. As for the sangria? I later found out he drank a pitcher and a half to get up the nerve to ask me out that night, and stubbornly insist he can't remember whistling at another woman as we left!

Love comes in all differents forms and definitely when you least expect it.

Hugs,

Kara

http://www.karawills.com/

No comments: