Monday, October 5, 2009

Sports Wives and Football Time in Tennessee

It’s Football Time in Tennessee

Here in Blountville, Tennessee, our blood runs orange. Our team, the UT VOLS, works toward a rebuilding stage with a new coach and a struggling quarterback. However, the spirit of the season is everywhere, especially here in my own backyard.

I grew up in a family of sportsbetting. My love for the games developed at a very young age and you’d better believe we had a genuine interest in what teams won on Saturday and Sunday. My father was a modern day cowboy, also known as a cattle buyer, middle man or livestock dealer. He only slowed down long enough to sit on the couch when the games demanded his focus. His mood for the week often depended on the outcome of those games.

With a profound love for sports, the Sports Wives series unfolded. I wanted to keep the novellas fun and light, remembering there are countless women who aren’t as in love with the game of football as maybe I am. My mother wasn’t a fan of football unless her sons were on the field and I realize some people never attend any sports event. Thankfully, a lot of women spend their weekends reading while their husbands stay glued to the tube. The Sports Wives books were written with those women in mind as well as those who like a quirky little character-driven romance.

Realizing there was a need for sports-related romances, Cassie Teller’s story more or less wrote itself and all three titles have sold extremely well, especially during football season. Wives uninterested in sitting through a game, choose a quick read bound to get their husband’s attention too. Jinger Heaston created sexy covers to guarantee the hubby looks away from the game long enough to inquire. Best of all, he’ll realize his lady knows a little something about football, not to mention love and romance.

Sports Wives books are written in first person with three e-books available and one print volume currently for sale at Amazon. I’ve included the blurb and excerpt for Book 3: Sexy is Never Ignored.


Until next time,

Destiny Blaine
destinyblaine@yahoo.com
www.myspace.com/destinyblaine



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Blurb for Sexy is Never Ignored

He is Sports and Entertainment World's Man of the Year. She is the woman lucky enough to marry the highest paid quarterback in the history of the Professional Football Confederacy, but Cassie Teller's luck doesn't stop there.

They are the Tellers and some believe they're untouchable. They enjoy a lavish lifestyle with all the perks to go along with it. This includes a discreet threesome.

But those living in the public eye seldom escape the press unscathed. When Cassie decides she wants one more man, a bitter ex-wife drives the press closer and closer to unveiling one very dark secret. Soon two professional football super-stars face the unthinkable--losing their careers.



Review for Sexy is Never Ignored



5 Cherries: "I have been a fan of Destiny Blaine since the very first book I read of hers and let me just tell you, this book is above and beyond any book than I had read from her yet. It was scorching hot and I am surprised the book didn't spontaneously burst into flames. The ending of Sports Wives 3 was brilliant and it couldn't have ended in a better or funnier way. If you are a lover of ménage writing, then Sports Wives 3 is definitely the book for you. If watching a football game on Sunday is not your thing, leave your man to watch it while you read this book and the outcome will be a very exciting afternoon. You will be a lover of at least football players when you are finished reading it. Be sure to have a pitcher of cold water, you are going to need it. This was an arousing and brilliantly written book and now I am off to read books one and two!" - Val, Whipped Cream Reviews

Excerpt for Sexy is Never Ignored:

Copyright © 2009
Prologue
Corby raised his glass and slowly tilted the rim in my direction. Our eyes held in a fixated trance across the crowded room. He brought the champagne flute to his lips ready to drink in the celebration.

He sipped and… he missed. Sometimes irony has peculiar timing.

I love two men. One took my virginity and the other is my husband, professional football player, Corby Teller. He’s responsible, in a sense, for the mass confusion in my personal life.

Thanks to Corby’s single-handed manipulation, Steve now lives with us. He’s the one who snatched my purity and claimed bragging rights many years ago. Yes, it’s an unconventional, if not kinky, arrangement. If some of the people I sit alongside tonight even suspected, they’d toss me out on my skinny ass. Instead, they shower kisses on my cheeks and fill my ears with compliments.

These are the same people who slandered my name only months earlier. The same men who wanted to grope me whenever they thought my husband and their wives looked the other way.

Before Steve moved in, the tabloids dubbed me the gold digger, an adulteress, a siren. Corby remains unscathed to this day. If the press only knew the truth. Of course, I’m not breathing a word to anyone. One slip in these circles and a couple can kiss multi-million dollar careers good-bye. I have a stiff upper lip and the truth is, I’m somewhat amused. Somehow our private lives have gone unnoticed.

If the public knew more about our private lives, and our intimate arrangement today, the name-calling would gain some momentum. Tonight, at least for the moment, Corby Teller—my husband—is Sports and Entertainment World’s Man of the Year.

The silent toast in my direction is symbolic. We’ve made it. We’ve arrived. We are the Tellers. The champagne spilled will go unnoticed but my very public affair never will. Because Corby Teller is Corby Teller, our threesome will never leak to the public, even if a reporter suspects it. Corby is flawless even with slight imperfections. People love him enough to look the other way.

Corby’s beautiful green eyes carry me to the edge of escape and then lock me into a wager of sorts. Down deep, he knows he deserves everything he’s receiving and at the same time, nothing at all. At least, not on this magnitude, most of those voting on Man of the Year might agree.

My name is Cassie Teller. My story is one few will ever believe, but most would move closer just to listen.

No comments: