Sunday, January 4, 2009

A big hello from a new author!


This is my first time blogging for BookStrand, so please let me introduce myself. I'm Sandy James! I earn a living teaching in a high school where my students get to hear some of the funniest stories from the history of our great country as well as some of the strangest theories the world of psychology ever offered to mankind. Or womankind, for that matter. I've been married for over twenty-five years, and neither of us has managed to kill the other. Yet. I have two grown children and a Schnauzer who rules the house. I came to writing only a few years ago, but it has become my passion.

I stopped by to thank the BookStrand readers for making my first book -- Turning Thirty-Twelve -- the number one mainstream romance! I also want to thank the readers who have taken the time to rate my story! I hope you will also check out my "Damaged Heroes" when they roll into the BookStrand line up beginning in March!

*hugs*

Sandy James






Turning Thirty-Twelve ~ BookStrand's #1 Mainstream Romance




Jackie Delgado didn't want a new man in her life until a dreaded blind date turns out to be more exciting than she'd ever imagined.


When her youngest son leaves for college, Jackie is hit hard by empty nest syndrome and pours herself into her work as a teacher. Bowing to pressure from friends, Jackie agrees to a blind date. But when Mark Brennan calls, she realizes the date won't be "blind." He's the father of one of her students.

Widower Mark Brennan isn't looking for love. After only a few dates with Jackie, he realizes he's quickly forming deep feelings for her. Wracked with guilt that he's "abandoning" his late wife, Mark resists the pull toward dynamic Jackie. When Mark's daughter begins to date Jackie's son, things become more complicated. Can Jackie and Mark find the courage to leave the past behind and embrace a new love? And how will Mark's daughter's pregnancy affect all their lives?


Murphy's Law ~ Damaged Heroes Book 1


Coming from BookStrand ~ March 2009

Seth Remington had a fortune at his fingertips, but something was missing in his life. Purpose.


Knowing he has one last chance to redeem his son, terminally ill Sterling Remington rewrites his will. To earn his inheritance, his son Seth must labor as a groom for a horse trainer.


Katie Murphy's orderly existence is turned upside down by Sterling Remington's will. Raised on hard work and dedicated to her harness racing stable, Katie agrees to take Seth on as a groom. How can she ever fulfill the challenge of instilling a work ethic in Seth and keep still keep her faltering stable running?

Kept at arm's length by the strict terms of Sterling's will, Seth and Katie are forced to struggle with their growing attraction until a devastating racing accident forces them to take a hard look at their relationship. How much is he willing to risk for her love?



No comments: