Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Procrastination... How do we get rid of it?

Every person who works from home knows their greatest enemy is procrastination. It's difficult to keep disciplined and do your job when there are so many distractions. Whether it is the latest LOLcat, a FB app, obsesively looking for reviews or checking email (in the case of authors), everything seems engineered to stop us from working. 

For my part, I've lost count of the number of FB apps I've used since getting an account. I'm a curious person so when my eye falls on something, I can't help but click. I've stopped using most, with the exception of a select few, but somehow, I still manage to waste time (see this blog post).

So how do you keep yourself from procrastinating? Thoughts?

1 comment:

Savanna Kougar said...

Procrastination can be a problem. Although, for me, currently, it's being distracted by stuff of life that has to get handled, then trying to find my muse again.

I do procrastinate at times. But, it's not my nature, and I'm fairly disciplined. Still, if the muse isn't cooperating... it can be really tough.