Saturday, April 16, 2011

Exclusive new excerpt from Heart of a Cowboy




Have you read Heart of a Cowboy yet?


Well maybe it's time you should!

Dreamy cowboys, sexy Indians and alpha shifters and everything you want in a gay romance fill the pages.



Here's a quick blurb:


Derek is only working for a month to pay off his debt to Jessie, but not everyone likes his openly homosexual lifestyle. He knows what it feels like to be beaten to within an inch of his life so he doesn't give a rat's ass what people think.

The attraction between him and the hunky Indian Ishwar is instantly satisfying. He finds himself begging for more every second he is near him, but when he falls into the arms of a stranger, things only begin to heat up, until an unforeseen peril puts him in danger.

Derek must prove he has the heart of a cowboy, and it will take every ounce of love and strength in his heart to make it through this ordeal alive.

Buy Heart of a Cowboy now here:
http://www.bookstrand.com/node/808153

Now here's your exclusive excerpt never before seen from Heart of a Cowboy:
He could heal his body, but the soul it protected had also been wounded. There were cuts that ran deep in the man’s spirit.
What had happened to him?
Derek’s lips parted and Lucas felt an irresistible urge to kiss him. He leaned over Derek’s body, brushing his lips over the other man’s mouth in the lightest of touches. Derek’s eyes fluttered open and his mouth opened and closed like a fish, as if he wanted to protest what had just happened. Desire. Confusion. Fear. It was all there in his expression for anyone to read.
God help him. He wanted to kiss him again.
“I shouldn’t have done that.” Lucas suddenly pulled away. He felt disturbed that he had broken the trust he was given. It wasn’t like him to break his word, and a wolf was only as good as his word. “Sorry I kissed you.”
Derek sat up suddenly and rubbed his ribs. “I don’t know what you did but thank you. I don’t feel any pain anymore.”
“But you didn’t like having me touch you.”
“It’s not that.” Derek shook his head, turning his gaze to the floor.
“Then, what? You don’t like my kisses?”
“There’s someone else.”
“If it doesn’t feel right, then you don’t have to do anything. I feel something when I am with you that I can’t explain, but if you don’t feel that same attraction then I am not going to force myself on you.”
The worry lines on Derek’s face intensified. “I didn’t say I didn’t like you. I feel that attraction too.” He placed his hand on Lucas’s chest, the corners of his mouth dragged down by the frown. “It’s just…without him here it feels like I am cheating on him.”
“You two have a commitment?”
“No, but…” Derek closed his eyes, seemingly unsure of what to say next.
“But what?”
“Fuck, it could be something special. I didn’t ask for a commitment, but I don’t want to do something stupid to lose him.”
“So you have slept with this other man?” Why did he feel jealous? He shouldn’t care about him, much less feel the prongs of jealous anger rise up from deep within him.
“We barely even kissed. I won’t lie to you.” Derek’s words were low and throaty, filled with need and the restrained desire that he felt beneath the surface. “I want to fuck you. I want to be fucked by you. I want to feel you enter me from behind and drive your cock into my ass, loading it up with cum, but I feel guilty.”
“Then what’s the hang-up? It could be just this once—to get it out of our system.” It was a lie. Lucas knew it the moment he uttered the words, but he didn’t care. He wanted this man, even if he had to lie to get him. “You never have to see me again after tonight.”
“Just this once.” Derek’s voice was soft and dreamy as he moved in for the kiss. His lips smashed against Lucas. Swift. Passionate. Conveying everything he wanted—needed from the other man. Lucas answered with his own desire, lust driving his kiss, and he felt Derek’s hard body against his own. Rubbing his cock into the other man’s groin. Hungry for more.
His skin was soft as silk, but it covered muscles of steel.
Derek reached for Lucas’s groin and met his hard-on eagerly. He unleashed the monster from its confines in seconds. Lucas was good. He had him undressed before he realized what had happened. A wide grin spread over his face as his eyes dropped to stare at Lucas’s package wagging in the air. “Nice hardware, Ace.”
A feral growl escaped his chest as he leapt to cover Derek’s body with his own.
***
If you liked what you read here than you can purchase Heart of a Cowboy here:

http://www.bookstrand.com/node/808153

Thanks for reading! :)

Missy Lyons
http://www.missylyons.com
Heart of a Cowboy is all about manlove, sexy werewolf shifters, Indian shamans, and a young man who must prove he has the heart of a cowboy.

http://www.bookstrand.com/heart-of-a-cowboy

No comments: