Sunday, November 1, 2009

Angelic Forecast ~ #61

A pause while Volcano attends to divine duties ~ and a bit of sympathy for the devil ~

Peacock Moon Sorceress

I avoid looking at my reflection in the shop’s window. Why torment myself? In my book aging is just plain stupid. Still, I catch a glimpse of an elaborately feathered mask, stopping. Gorgeous doesn’t describe it’s beauty. ‘Peacock Moon Sorceress’, I read. “Yes,” I whisper in agreement. My pulse quickens as I continue staring. I hear the shop door’s bell and glance over. It’s a man costumed as a devil, a damn good-looking man, his sinew and muscle in all the right places. He’s fiery red from head to toe. I can’t help wondering if his costume has a forked tail.

“Come on in,” he invites with a devilish smile. “I don’t bite, at least, not like a vampire.”
I smile. I can’t help it. Besides, his manner is engaging and the woman I still am comes out to play with him. “Oh, I bet you do.” I flirt with words. “But, no thank you. I have no place to wear it.”
“You can wear it for me. No one has tried it on yet. The woman who created it will be so disappointed.”
“No one?”
He shakes his head, an alpha movement that has me mesmerized for a moment. I stare.

“You’ll be the first.” He widens the door invitingly.
Why not? I tell myself. What can it hurt? Unless he does bite... “I doubt I’m the first,” I teasingly say as I move past him inside. Heady from his masculine smell, I feel somewhat disoriented, as if I’m walking on clouds.
“No.” I hear his smoky voice behind me. “However, you’ll be the last.”
Before I can reply, or even turn around, he’s holding the mask before my gaze. “It’s so bewitching,” I murmur. My feet are rooted to the floor.
“Yes, bewitching. Come, let’s go over to the mirror.”

“Mirrors are no longer my friends.” Acid edges my tone, despite the weird tingly sense that for some reason, ‘devil man’ finds me attractive. I put it down to my over-active imagination. I’m just an aging boomer who desperately desires to feel beautiful.
With the gentle urging of his fingertips on my shoulder, I move toward a gleaming full-length mirror. Everything I’ve heard about the mystical powers of mirrors zooms through my mind. “Bonfire incense?” I ask, the potent fragrance filling my nostrils.
“Hellfire incense,” he darkly rasps. His fingers stroke from my shoulder as I stand before the mirror.

Swiftly, he places the mask before my face. “Please,” he intones like I imagine a wizard would, “put it on.”
I am aware only of the mask, it’s stunning colors, the elegant and ephemeral sweep of the feathers. I’ll never have this chance again. “Do you have a tail?” I ask. “I mean does your costume have a tail?”
“Put on the mask and I’ll show you,” he tempts like the devil himself.
The reflection of his smile in the mirror is my undoing. Worse, his dark blazing eyes match. Both are sexy, and an enticement that promises extreme passion.

I take hold of the mask, then press it to my face. Amazingly, it remains in place as I reach to secure it. “Oh-my-god,” I mutter. Inside the mirror, a scene takes shape as if I’ve turned on my TV. Men and women in opulent costumes dance with each other at a masquerade ball. Magnificent candle-lit chandeliers illuminate them. I gasp at the sheer splendor.
“Shall we dance?”
I whirl around, surprised by feel of a gown. Devil man holds his glistening forked tail in a cavalier manner, his arm presented to me. Suddenly, glorious strains of music surround us.
~~~~~~

This week brings the opportunity to focus on your dreams, those being realized and those you want to realize. The energies at this time will aid you in creating what your heart desires most, despite all opposing forces. And there will be plenty of those in your personal life and on the world stage.
Remember, in these times, to cling close to those you love most. Your combined strength will see you through and offer inspiration to others around you. The more good we can all do in the world, the more good there will be for everyone.
Caution ~ the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Doing good is a matter of true discernment, of coming from your highest self. It is not a matter of following what others ‘believe’ to be the good thing to do.


Angelic blessings from Volcano & Sedona
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


WHEN A GOOD ANGEL FALLS

Where angels fear to tread, 2012 Earth ~
Is a stranger on a superspeed motorcycle her savior from the brutal endtimes?


Blurb: Winter Solstice, December 21, 2012 – The end of the Mayan Calendar
What happens when a world weary, worn out incarnated angel, Sedona, who believes she is merely human has three choices after her old van breaks down? ...more

~~~ NOW IN PRINT ~~~ a former #1 on Siren-BookStrand’s bestseller list ~

Author Discovery by Lindsay Townsend, BookStrand author of FLAVIA’S SECRET, A SECRET TREASURE, BLUE GOLD, BRONZE LIGHTNING and SILK AND STEEL ~
http://sirenbookstrand.blogspot.com/2008/08/author-discovery-savanna-kougars-when.html ~

WHEN A GOOD ANGEL FALLS ~ adventure fantasy erotic romance ~ available from BookStrand ~
http://www.bookstrand.com/authors/savannakougar/wagaf.asp ~ http://www.bookstrand.com/ ~
~~~

HAVE A WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING

~ MAY ALL YOUR READING DREAMS COME TRUE ~


Kisses from Savanna Kougar...

~ Run on the Wild Side of Romance ~

Siren-BookStrand Author of ~

All Shades of Blue Paradise
[World of the Blue Pearl Moon, Book 1]

When a Good Angel Falls ~ In Print
[Winter Solstice 2012, Book 1]

Murder by Hair Spray in Gardenia, New Atlantis ~ In Print
[New Atlantis Trilogy, Book 1]

Her Insatiable Dark Heroes ~ In Print
[Chrontropolis, Book 1]

Stallion of Ash and Flame ~ released September 24th, 2009 ~

1 comment:

Savanna Kougar said...

Dance with the devil smiles...