Thursday, June 19, 2008

Hello

Hello!

I would like to introduce myself to everyone. My name is Francesca Prescott and I live in a small village in the French speaking part of Switzerland. My first novel, “Mucho Caliente!, is a romantic comedy set on the Spanish island of Ibiza that will be published by Bookstrand in November 2008.

““Mucho Caliente!”?” I hear the Spanish experts among you squawk. “What kind of Spanish is that?”

Yes, I know that my title is grammatically incorrect Spanish and that something super hot would be described as “muy caliente.” I’m nowhere near fluent in Spanish, but that I do know!

My book is called “Mucho Caliente!” because Gemma, the main character in my story, is going to feel a whole lot of heat when she meets Emilio Caliente, aka “el divino,” on the plane to Ibiza. She’ll get so hot she’ll be molten, dizzy, ditzy and dazed. Way hot!

Emilio Caliente is a Latino pop star. Actually, he’s pop music’s Latino sensation, the ultimate superstar. His concerts sell out in nanoseconds. He’s cardiac arrestingly gorgeous, lusted after by women all over the world. He’s officially 27, legally 29. His almond shaped eyes are the color of warm caramel and edged with thick black eyelashes so long they shade half his face. He tans to that incredible, incandescent, gingerbread-amber color. His dark brown, sun-streaked hair is alluringly disheveled. Even his breath smells of cinnamon…

Perfect? Well, he’s pretty damn cute, although he does have a couple of blackheads on his nose. And hairy toes, as Gemma quickly points out...

Basically, Emilio could have any supermodel in the world. Why then does he seem so interested in thirty-seven-year old, recently divorced Gemma? And why the heck does destiny insist on playing matchmaker when common sense is urging Gemma to stay well away from Emilio Caliente? The last thing Gemma needs in her quest for a creatively satisfying, financially independent, bohemian lifestyle on a Spanish island in the sun is a love affair with a pop music superstar eight years her junior. Not to mention that Emilio’s life is in turmoil, his latest single has bombed, his record company wants him to go electro, the press want to see him naked and his hellacious manager seems not only increasingly deranged, but also fixated on plotting Gemma’s downfall.

With all that in mind, would you dare wish upon a Latino superstar on a beautiful Spanish island in the sun?

More importantly, will Gemma?

“Mucho Caliente!” is a funny, effervescent love story. I sincerely hope you will enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Take care,

Lots of love,

Francesca

No comments: