Friday, February 14, 2014

A Gay Man's Valentine

WARNING:  The links contained within this post will take you to sites with content for mature readers only.  However, this post is suitable for a PG audience. 

Andrew and John Social Media
Andrew (right) and John ~ January 25, 2014
My valentine is a flamboyant gay man—a handsome twink that I met almost twenty-three  years ago.  Some of Baby Doll’s favorite words are ‘honey,’ and ‘girlfriend.’ He loves pink and purple, particularly flowers of the same hue.  John has a stuffed toy collection full of magical creatures—rainbow teddy bears and unicorns. Emotionally he is my best friend, and deepest sexual desire.  The dynamic of my masculinity, paired with Baby Doll’s flamboyance, is what we continue to share today.
Together, John and I have celebrated twenty-two Valentine Days together. Even though each of these have been filled with their own romance and sensuality, I am reminded of the tenderness of our first.  Baby Doll and I committed as a couple in August 1991. So as Valentine’s Day 1992 approached, we had been together for almost six months.
Our first home was a small one-bedroom apartment that quickly became an oasis from the rest of the world. Starting out, we didn’t have a great deal of money.  So, I learned to be a suave gentleman on a dime.  Being the dominant partner, I always considered it my responsibility to provide the romance in our relationship.  In planning those early encounters, including our first Valentine’s Day, I believe it shaped me into the spontaneous and romantic man that I am today.
For our first Valentine’s Day, my plans included a home-cooked meal, watching a rented movie, and cuddling.  At the time, a baked spaghetti casserole was the only dish that I cooked well.  While my culinary skills have improved, I still prepare that simple Italian standby on occasion. After a candlelight dinner, we watched Ghost on VHS.  Today the VHS tape is a thing of the past, as the introduction of Netflix, Hulu, and Redbox has redefined home entertainment. Before the night was over, an eighteen year old transman was  making out on the couch with his valentine to the sounds of Unchained Melody by the Righteous Brothers.  John was accepting every touch I offered, submitting in my arms.
While Baby Doll and I had not been intimate by most adult definitions,  that would come the next month, we still lived together as romantic partners. Having never been naked in each other’s arms, our affection was shown in French kisses and tender caresses.  Throughout our life together as partners the sexuality that we have shared has seen a multitude of facets, from the sweetness of first kisses to the experienced hands of two lovers connecting with raw passion.  Still yet, the memories of those first interludes together, are perhaps the sweetest, as a first Valentine’s Day plays it’s unending melody.
Watch for Sunday’s scheduled Life With Baby Doll post on February 16th, as I share the events of our Valentine’s Day this year.  John Jericho and I would like to wish all of my readers a Happy Valentine’s Day.
I enjoy hearing from all of my readers, and look forward to your e-mails. Remember Love is Love…Period.
Andrew Signature



Andrew K Kinley Author Small

Andrew K Kinley  is a ManLove erotic romance author for Siren-Bookstrand Publishing  and LGBTQ rights activist based in Hot Springs, AR.  All of his work can be found at:  A K KinleyFor questions or comments please e-mail him at authorakkinley@gmail.com.

No comments: