Sunday, November 17, 2013

Life With Baby Doll: In High Demand

WARNING:  The links contained within this post will take you to sites with content for mature readers only.  However, this post is suitable for a PG audience.

medium_4275974901From the first moment that I began to notice boys romantically, somewhere around twelve or thirteen, I was always attracted to the more sweet, slender build, and effeminate types of males.  At that point, I identified as a boy who wanted to kiss other boys.  The process of  learning more about who I was, with defined terms associated with gender identity and sexual orientation, did not occur until high school.  I talk more about this in my coming out story.
One thing I did notice, at the age of seventeen, was that there was a lack of openly gay men in Arkansas.  If an individual was looking for a specific type of gay male, the odds were even less favorable.  I desired a flamboyant twink for not only a romantic relationship, but to share my life with in a committed partnership.
So when my path crossed with Baby Doll, the summer before I turned eighteen, I was not only physically attracted to him, but falling madly in love.  The type of gay male I desired:  sweet, campy, flamboyant, and with such an undeniably homosexual vibe walked into my heart and left an overwhelming need to protect and provide for him as his lover. From the beginning of our relationship, I knew that John was the type of gay male that I had always desired.  The dynamic of my masculinity, paired with Baby Doll’s flamboyance, is what we continue to share today.
There are many definitions for a twink.  The one I like best is from Wikipedia, because it does not list any age groups, or specific hair or eye colors.
“Twink is a gay slang term describing a young or young-looking man with a slender, ectomorph build, little or no body hair, and no facial hair.”
With that definition being presented, Baby Doll always has been, and continues to be, my flamboyant twink.  Perhaps, that’s why I feel that gay men like him are in high demand.  Even though the term is a part of gay slang / lingo, I use it as an endearment, with the utmost love and respect for my partner.  John will turn forty-nine in a few months, but never has, and continues to not look his age.  He has a slender build, and keeps his body soft and smooth. Everything about his physique and personality warms a romantic fire through my heart, and builds a smoldering inferno of desire in my body.
A few weeks ago, Baby Doll and I had plans for a dinner date together. When he emerged from our bedroom, I found my thoughts slamming together like a pile up on an interstate.  John had asked me a question, and it took me a few minutes to formulate an answer.  He knew better than to parade himself in front of his top dressed in the manner he was.  I was the only one to blame however, I bought him the outfit he was wearing.  A baby doll in a purple shirt, tight skinny jeans, and a pair of sneakers was in really high demand with the gay transman who couldn’t keep his eyes off  his partner for the rest of the evening.  Baby Doll didn’t wear those clothes long that night.
Throughout our history together, John has been on the receiving end of quite a few compliments.  The following brief conversation took place recently while were in the waiting room of a doctor’s office.
Strange Man:  "Lord have mercy!  The Lord must have loved you!"  

John:   "My partner is not going to be happy that you said that."

Myself:  "I’m happy, because I’m the one that he gets to go home with."
The above conversation is just one of the many reasons why I feel lucky to have the opportunity to love and care for Baby Doll. Perhaps that’s why John likes to remind me that he is, “high maintenance.”  I don’t feel that way at all, I love and desire everything that my flamboyant twink has to offer.
To learn more about this series and find a recent list of archives visit:  Life With Baby Doll.  More will be added, as I continue to update this new site. Due to the increasing popularity of these posts, I have created the permanent tab on my Website that contains information concerning the intense and passionate love affair that I share with my partner, John Jericho.
I enjoy hearing from all of my readers, and look forward to your e-mails.  Remember Love is Love…Period.
Andrew Signature



photo credit: onemorechris via photopin cc  
Andrew K Kinley Author Small

Andrew K Kinley is a ManLove erotic romance author for Siren-Bookstrand Publishing  and LGBTQ rights activist based in Hot Springs, AR.  All of his work can be found at:  A K Kinley.  For questions or comments please e-mail him at authorakkinley@gmail.com.

No comments: