Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Delilah's Recipes: Zesty Bread Spread

Hey, there, Delilah here from Melissa Schroeder's  Delilah's Downfall. Now, as Mel and my best bud India, from Conquering India, knows, I like to keep things simple. Sure, every now and then I like to throw together a meal that makes my men's eyes fall out, but on a working ranch, it is usually easier to keep it simple most the time.
These are hard working men who eat a lot, and I do mean a lot, of food. I like to have something sitting out when they come in so they don't bug me while I'm putting the finishing touches on the meal. One thing they love is my bread spread. It goes well on bread, crackers and even fresh veggies. If I can get Shane to eat celery, I have achieved greatness, lol. I usually make at least a couple flavors, because with four men, they all have different tastes. I tend to use Good Seasonings dressing mix(Italian, Zesty Italian or Garlic and Herb), but a lot of times I grab some Hidden Vallen Ranch because Mason's favorite is Ranch.

Again, Mel is featuring COWBOYS all week on her blog. Stop on by and  enjoy it:)

Zesty Bread Spread
1 80z package cream cheese softened
1 cup mayo
1 package of dried dressing mix 

Mix all the ingredients together, then cover and place in the fridge until ready to serve. Usually does best if you let it sit in the fridge for an hour or two so the flavors can blend.

Variation: Sub milk for mayo and serve with veggies as a dip.

No comments: