Sunday, January 26, 2014

Life With Baby Doll: My Heart Belongs To You

WARNING:  The links contained within this post will take you to sites with content for mature readers only.  However, this post is suitable for a PG audience. 

medium_8519998429
As a ManLove author, I receive e-mails on a daily basis from readers.  While many of these messages are kind words of support, I am also subjected to negative letters as well.  I’ve been chastised for my depiction of ManLove.  In addition, my own partnership with John Jericho has also received a few words of criticism.     
One of the most bizarre e-mails that I’ve received was a letter from a reader with a proposition for both Baby Doll and I.  The man made the assumption that because some of my writing featured men in multiple partner relationships that John and I would be open to sharing our hearts with another.  He wrote a number of compliments, even going as far as suggesting how such a commitment could be forged between the three of us.  Needless to say my finger hit the delete button.  
My writing features all types of gay men in real situations of life and love. There are many stereotypes in our society surrounding men who are attracted to other males.  I hope that through my writing, I can also dispel some of those untruths.  
In a recent article by Out Magazine titled, The New Monogamists,  the writer seeks to debunk the stereotype that all gay men are not interested in monogamy. While there are many types of relationships among individuals, there are some gay couples who prefer this type of intimacy. For those readers who don’t already know, Baby Doll and I are monogamous, as we made that decision in the early days of our commitment.
John whispered something the first time we made love, in March of 1992, and that sentiment has stayed with me throughout our life together.  I was lying on top of his body, looking down into his eyes, as close as two men could ever hope to become physically.
“My heart belongs to you, Andrew, and only you.”
Throughout the twenty-two years that we have been together, Baby Doll’s words have echoed the feelings from my own heart.  After John told me, on our first Thanksgiving together, about the hurts he had suffered at the hands of another gay man, I knew that I wanted to be his protector, provider, and top.  In a previous Life With Baby Doll post titled, Romancing a Gay Man, I go into more detail about how I have let John know that his heart is safe within mine.  Read an excerpt below:
“It is my responsibility to be sure that I understand John’s needs and make those my own.  Without going in to detail, I use a tender dominance that lets him know that I’m in control of his most private and intimate emotions, while knowing that I will care for him in the manner he desires.  I tell him I love him…hold him…touch him…tell him how good his feels.  He hears the words from my heart.”
I did respond to Baby Doll that night, as he lay trembling in my arms.  I am guilty of the fact that a brief portion of our conversation made it into one of my short stories titled, Wyatt’s Fantasy.  Of course, I did change some of the endearments and words to match the personalities of Finn and Wyatt.
“Do you trust me, Baby Doll?” I asked.

“Yes.”

“Do you love me?”

“With all my heart,” Baby Doll replied, in a voice sweet with desire.

“I’ve got only one goal tonight, and that is to make you fall so deeply in love with me that you will have no choice but to submit mind, body, and soul. Now close your eyes, so your soul mate can finish giving you his heart as well.”
Another reason why I believe that John and I are monogamous is the fact, apart from believing that we are soul mates and have lived past lives together as such, is that I’m an only child.  I didn’t learn to share and play well with others as a young boy.  Another one of my vices is that I can have a jealous nature.  Those traits more than likely shaped a portion of my dominance and masculinity that I identify with.  Yet, it is within those same protective feelings for my partner, that I make sure he feels my tenderness and love.  Baby Doll is secure within the fact that I would never hurt or betray our trust.  

While John and I support many different types of lifestyles, both in and out of the LGBTQ community, monogamy is a part of ours.  Love is love, and I hope this message shares ours.  
To learn more about this series and find a recent list of archives visit: Life With Baby Doll.  Due to the increasing popularity of these posts, I have created the permanent tab on my Website that contains information concerning the intense and passionate love affair that I share with my partner, John Jericho.
I enjoy hearing from all of my readers, and look forward to your e-mails. Remember Love is Love…Period.
Andrew Signature


photo credit: naiveartist via photopincc
Andrew K Kinley Author Small

Andrew K Kinley is a ManLove erotic romance author for Siren-Bookstrand Publishing  and LGBTQ rights activist based in Hot Springs, AR.  All of his work can be found at:  A K Kinley.  For questions or comments please e-mail him at authorakkinley@gmail.com.  

No comments: