Thursday, November 27, 2014

A Thanksgiving Season of Love 2014

WARNING:  The links contained within this post will take you to sites with content for mature readers only.  However, this post is suitable for a PG audience.

medium_3388338636 (275x206)
Since turning forty in 2013 , I’ve have adopted the minimalist lifestyle.  Simplicity is the key to life.  What the heart experiences trumps materialism. I ask myself  what is important? Love, peace, gratitude, and harmony are ideals which come to mind.  We are all one.  
In addition to being a ManLove erotic romance author, I am a LGBTQ rights activist, humanitarian, and freelance journalist/photographer.   I support a variety of social and humanitarian programs.  Often, I am asked my political and moral viewpoints.  I am not affiliated with any political party.  My humanity supports the disabled,  homeless, incarcerated, poor, veterans, and women and children.  
All holidays, including Thanksgiving, have been commercialized.  A trip to any retail establishment lures customers with items believed to provide happy holidays. Don’t get me wrong, I do purchase holiday items.  My family will have a Thanksgiving dinner, but many will not.  The Huffington Post published an articleOctober 23rd, on the rise of  poverty in America.  No one is immune. With one in seven hungry, it becomes a Thanksgiving just to have anything to eat.  

This year marks the twenty-third Thanksgiving with the man I love. We have a family—two teenagers we love dearly.  John and I have much to be thankful for.  As families and friends come together today, I would hope they remember what is really important.  Love one another.  A Thanksgiving season of love is the greatest gift of all.  
John and I would like to wish everyone  a Happy Thanksgiving!
Andrew Signature                       John Signature


photo credit: WELS.net via photopin cc

Andrew Jericho Author Small (143x180)

Andrew Jericho is a ManLove erotic romance author for Siren-BookStrand Publishing  and LGBTQ rights activist.  All of his work can be found at:  Andrew Jericho.  For questions or comments please e-mail him at: authorandrewjericho@gmail.com.

No comments: