Monday, July 21, 2014

Life With Baby Doll: Layers of Commitment

WARNING:  The links contained within this post will take you to sites with content for mature readers only.  However, this post is suitable for a PG audience.


Andrew and John Website
Next month, on August 25th, will mark twenty-three years of being in love. Even though Baby Doll and I didn’t formally commit until the following spring,1992, I’ve always considered us partners since the first day he walked into my life.
Together, we have created a life and a history spanning more than two decades.  Baby Doll and I have climbed many mountains and walked through countless fires.  Faith, hope, and love remain strong principles in our relationship.  Of course, we’ve had disagreements along the way.  The sweetest moments have come in realizing that sometimes love isn’t a smooth journey, but a rocky expedition where the concept of  “I” becomes “we.”
Rocky isn’t always bad.  I enjoy adventure.  However, a path can quickly change from adventurous to rugged.  This past week, was an example of that.  Thus, prompting a message that I left on Baby Doll’s Facebook Timeline on Thursday night:
“Today, as I held you in my arms I was reminded of the many layers of our commitment. A top/bottom dynamic is more than sexuality, it is what you sought from me today. I wanted to take your pain, absorb it into my soul, and return a solution eliciting your sweet smile. When you told me you loved me dearly my heart filled with the same love, purpose, and tender dominance that gave me answers many years ago. I love you, Baby Doll.”
On Monday, we received a call from John’s rheumatology office.  The doctor finally received another series of X-rays ordered by his GP a few months ago. She believes he has a herniated disk in his lower back, maybe requiring surgery in the future.
My appointment with the plastic surgeon, on Tuesday to discuss top surgery, went as a expected.  Since there are no FTM top surgeons in Arkansas (nearest is in Texas, best in Florida) my options are limited.  He believes he can persuade my insurance to pay, based only on medical reasons. I may not get exactly what I want, but at least I won’t have to bind anymore, and will have a relatively flat chest.  Since I am not one hundred percent recovered from the hysterectomy, I am looking at possibly scheduling top surgery for this coming February.  While the office visit with the plastic surgeon went as expected, it heightened my gender dysphoria.
The final situation, prompting my message of love to my partner, was the result of a delay in John’s new film project, Hades Road Series.  One of the actors had to back out due to his father’s fears of living in a anti-gay red state.
Not only had my statement of love seen us through a difficult week, but I felt our dynamic continuing to play in another incident last night.  Baby Doll and I were shopping, and met a woman, accompanied by two men, on an aisle.  They began to make comments about us, John’s flamboyance, and how the state didn’t need anymore, “fa***ts.” 
Normally, I am a fairly non-confrontational gentleman.  Readers know that I do not address hate comments and e-mails.  I’d already received an e-mail from a reader this week stating:  “Andrew having your breasts cut off will not make you a man you will just be a woman with no breasts.”  Still yet, I did take a stand against the three individuals who decided to promote hate.  
I calmly turned around, and crossed my arms, staring at the loudest man. I spoke the following words:
“You should be glad that I am a gentleman, because someone else might not have been.  The hate that you speak not only hurts others, but it could have the potential to get you hurt in the process. I suspect that your opinions are from learned behavior, not from actual contact with gay men like us.  I hope you have learned something today.”
After we finished shopping, I loaded our bags into our SUV, and noticed Baby Doll staring at me.
“I like it when you take control of situations,”  John said.

“I know.  I’ve been doing it for a long time,”  I replied.
John was leaning against the vehicle, as I pressed my body against his.  I gently pinned his arms with my hands against the metal.  I kissed him in the parking lot, reminding him once more of the many layers of commitment.
The Life With Baby Doll series is a free weekly MM romance read on this Website that shares my relationship with John Jericho.
To learn more about John and I visit: Life With Baby Doll.  Due to the increasing popularity of the Life With Baby Doll series, I have created the permanent tab on my Website that contains information concerning our intense and passionate love affair as partners.
I enjoy hearing from all of my readers, and look forward to your e-mails. Remember Love is Love…Period.
Andrew Signature



Andrew Jericho Author Small

Andrew Jericho is a ManLove erotic romance author for Siren-BookStrand Publishing  and LGBTQ rights activist.  All of his work can be found at:  Andrew Jericho.  For questions or comments please e-mail him at: authorandrewjericho@gmail.com.

1 comment:

John Dudley said...

Are you interested in learning more about male breast surgery gurgaon Make sure that you go to the trusted professionals that have your health in mind, and visit http://www.skindelhi.com/malebreastreduction.html